Tuesday 9 February 2021

Apples and Blueberries in Skyr and Semolina Bake

One more recipe from the Pharmacy newsletter. I seldom go to the Pharmacy and I never take the offered paper with me. Reading about diseases in my free time is nothing I care about. But my BFF collects everything like this. She sends me lots of recipe clips every couple of weeks. My blog gets a good amount of ideas that way. During the end of the week when I have to make my grocery shopping list for the next 7 days, I grab a stack of her recommended recipes and try to find some that inspire me. Then I write my shopping list.



Since we are still in lockdown due to the Pandemic, I rather stay away from supermarkets. 



This bake is special because it uses semolina instead of plain flour. I exchained the raisins for fresh blueberries and changed some ingredients a long the way.



Recipe for 4:

2 large apples, 1 cup fresh blueberries, 1/2 lemon zest and juice

2 eggs separated, 100 g semolina, 80 g light brown sugar, 60 g butter, salt

500 g Skyr, 100 g sour cream, 2 pinch ground vanilla

3 tbsp almond flakes, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp flour petal sugar, butter for the baking dish

Heat up the oven to 180C




Wash the apples, core them and cut into thin slices, add lemon juice to the large bowl. Now wash the blubs and mix them with the apples. Set aside. 



In a smaller bowl, beat sugar and egg yolks with vanilla together. Add the butter and make that creamy. Now in with the semolina, Skyr and sour cream.



Beat egg whites with salt to stiff peaks. Fold it into the batter. Carefully mix it into the larger bowl with the fruits. Butter the dish and fill it in. Sprinkle with almond flakes.



Bake for 45 min. Mix cinnamon with the flower sugar and sprinkle on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment