Saturday 13 February 2021

Cream Cheese and Pecorino filled Pastries

The rest of my strudel dough sheets waited to be baked. I did not use them the day after opening as recommended on the back of the package. Two days later the edges were dried out and have fallen off the moment I unrolled them. But since I only wanted to prepare 2 packages for me alone, there was enough of it to work with.

I used an oil spray on each sheet and folded the 4 sheets in half to have a thicker layer to hold the filling.



As a side salad I served pointed cabbage with date tomatoes in s sweet and sour oil dressing. I just poured 500 ml boiling water ovet the cabbage strips in the colander and tossed it several times to cool it down again. This way the cabbage gets a bit soft. 



Ingredients:

7 sheets of filo pastry, oil

250 g cream cheese, 40 g Pecorino, 1 egg

3 tbsp chives, 4 tbsp parsley,

Salt, pepper, dried herbs, lemon zest


Mix the paste and fill it into the middle of the cut out sheets. The filling is enough for 3. Fold over the edges, brush with oil.



Heat up the oven to 200C

Bake for 15 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment