Tuesday 23 February 2021

Sweet Potatoes oven roasted Cajun style

I was looking for a recipe booklet from Florida. My friend wanted the recipe for orange and onion salad. It was from this booklet. But over the years my collection of cookbooks went through the roof. Finding a special one in between 450 others was a challenge. It did not take long for me to get side tracked. I found the Cajun one and stopped looking for the other one. I remembered that I had posted the recipe online a couple of years ago on the SortedFood website. Problem solved. Recipe found. Link sended.



Cajun or Louisiana style cooking is one of my new favourites besides Korean dishes. Today were my new ordered enamel baking dishes in the mail. The smaller one got cleaned and loaded and is doing its first round in the oven already.



Recipe:

450 g sweet potato, zest and juice 1/2 lemon, 100 ml orange juice

1- 2 tbsp dark muscovado sugar, 40 g butter melted, 1 cinnamon stick

Lemon salt and ground pepper



Heat up the oven 180C.

Peel the sweet potato and cut it into 2 cm discs. Single layer in an oven proof dish.



Pour the butter on top and sprinkle the sugar over. Get lemon and orange juice in. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake 25 min. 



Take the foil off, stir well, take out the cinnamon stick and sprinkle with salt, pepper and lemon zest. Stick into the oven uncovered for 25 min.









No comments:

Post a Comment