Sunday 25 July 2021

Food Court Food -Japanese

Since Yesterday the stalls at the Food court at a large shopping Mall LOOP 5 near by are allowed to serve customers in house. All the month before only Take Out was availabe.



I went for a quick lunch there, because I had an hairdresser apointment at noon at the Mall. The well known Fast Food chains are all there to serve customers, but I wanted something else. There are 3 Asian food stalls. One Thai, one generic Asian and one Japanese: Hikari.



The last one was my choice today. Gyoza and Udon Noodle Soup with Tempura sounded good.

I ordered and was surprised. 5 deep frozen white pieces of Gyoza went into the fryer. My green tea came from a jar with powder, no tea bag and the most interesting was the soup for my Udon noodles.

The Hikari food stall offers Miso Soup. They used two servings of this soup, thrown in frozen seafood, 1 prawn and some tiny mussels and octopus pieces. Then the ready to go Udon pressed into a package. The same one I use at home. One Tempura shrimp went into the fryer.



When you are loving Japanese food and been to Japan twice I can not recommend this place.  The best of my Gyoza was the sweet chili sauce from a bottle. The Gyoza did not do their name any good. Soggy and still white all around.

If you like Miso soup, just eat that and skip the rest. The green tea was powder and boiling water.



When I came back home, I was hungry and stuffed some Nems wit crab filling my air fryer. I bought them in France and they were a lot better them my lunch that day.


 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment