Thursday 29 July 2021

Penang Curry with Prawns or Gung Penang

No grocery shopping today or the last few days. I am still cooking from stuff in the fridge and freezer and my dry store cupboard.



I have a couple of Thai curry paste packages bound together with a rubber band. I went through it to look for an idea. Most packages had chicken as the prefered meat mentioned on the backside. The Penang paste listet chicken and prawns. 



Frozen prawns are a staple in my freezer. While I was down in the basement to get some out of the bag, I took a hand full of frozen peas out of an other bag as well. No hassle to get a "balanced" meal on the table.



Recipe for 1:

8 - 10 black tiger prawns defrosted and peeled, 1 Penang curry paste bag

1 red chili, 3 tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts, 2 tsp peanut butter, 3 tsp palm sugar

1 tsp coconut oil, 200 ml coconut cream,  3 tbsp defrosted peas, juice 1/2 lemon



 


No comments:

Post a Comment