Thursday 1 July 2021

Pasta Salad American Style

I wanted some memories back to my many trips to Miami Beach. Watching the news about the collapse of the Champlain Towers in Surfside, Miami Beach, did that to me. I stayed with my parents 9 times in the blue apartment complex on the side of the collapsed building at 8801 Collins Ave.

But food memories help. And I loved cooking in our kitchen in Surfside so much.



This salad is one of these memories. Even coooking there I was not a huge fan of pure mayo ridden salads and I always hated Miracle Whip, still do. I only used it or ate it when I had no other choice.



Recipe for 1 or 2:

100 g short maccharoni, 1 small yellow bell pepper, 2 greens from a spring onion, 4 large radishes, 35 g cooked ham, chives

4 tbsp mayo, 4 tsp smetana, 3 tbsp cider vinegar, celery seed, sugar, salt and pepper



Cook the pasta and cool it down in cold water.

Chop all veggies and cut up the ham and chives. Make the dressing and let it sit in the fridge for 30 min to rest.

Ready to enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment