Wednesday 30 June 2021

Peach Apricot Vervain Jam

I took a couple of peaches off my friends hand to make it easier for her to eat the others. The peaches were sitting on my kitchen counter just 24 hrs and I could see mould starting to grow on one. 



Now or never. Make jam or the peaches are goning to the waste bin. I had some apricots sitting in the fruit basket. They were ready to be eaten too and went into the jam as well.

When I am preparing any kind of jam or jelly I always try to incorporate some alcohol. Over the years that showed me, the jars had a better shelve life.



This time I used an apricot liqueur from Alto Adige in Italy. 

Paring fruits and herbs in jams is my speciality. I love doing it. I went outside on my balcony to check the pots for a worthy green. I choose Orange Verveine. It smells and tastes lovely and rounds the flavour of my jam.



2 jars at 250 ml:

600 g peach and aoricot mixed

1 stalk orange vervain, 1/2 lemon, 50 ml apricot liqueur, 230 g 3:1 jam sugar



 

No comments:

Post a Comment