Friday 18 June 2021

Cauliflower oven baked

How to cook cauliflower?



Mostly it is boiled or steamed and then served with some kind of sauce.



Cauliflower was not my most loved veggie for a long time. Mom cooked it until mushy, it had no texture at all and buried it in a white sauce made with flour. I hated that.

From eating it raw to steaming it or pan frying it, I use several methods to prepare it.

When I was on a short trip 2 weeks ago, my friend took me to a butcher that works for supermarkets, events and restaurants. But they havecs shop where everybody can buy goods. They even have a deli counter. All over Germany, but more in he middle down to the south there is Fleischkäse - translated into meat cheese. It has nothing to do with cheese. It is a sausage meat with different kinds of additional ingredients. Made into a loaf pan shape and baked. Eaten hot or cold on bread or tolls or fried in a pan. They had small loaf pans ready to bake at home in the oven.

Since I needed the oven to bake it and had 50% cauliflower left over, I wanted a two in one dish. Everything in the oven.



Marinate for the cauliflower:

3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp Java curry powder,

Salt, pepper, pinch of sugar, thyme, pul biber

Mix it together an toss the florets in. Let them marinate for 30 min.



Preheat the oven 180C fan


 Put florets and meat in the oven for 30 min.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment