Tuesday 29 June 2021

Chorizo Date and Pork Skewers

Most of our Supermarket chaines have glossy magazines packed full of advertizing but also recipes. They all call for their special name brands. But the ideas are good.



I found one with skewered meat and dates. The mix of sweet and savoury talks to me.

Today I wanted ro prepare the skewers, but only 2 of the 3 items were available at the supermarket. When I returned home I decided to drive downtown to our city centre and talj a look at the high end supermarket in the basement if one of our department stores. That was a great idea. Not only the missing item was found, but I bought fresh young herring for the dish tomorrow. No prepackaged stuff this time.



The skewers are wooden. I had to soak them in water for 15 min.



Recipe for 3 skewers:

1 marinated pork neck steak, 1 spring onion, 150 g chorizo, 10 dates without stones

Cut up the steak and the sausage. Cut the spring onion into 1 inch pieces. Put that on the skewers. Heat up your BBQ and let them cook 10 min. Turning in between.


No comments:

Post a Comment