Monday 7 June 2021

Scones

 After I spent 10 days in Cornwall about 11 years ago, I wanted to prepare the perfect Cornish Tea.



During my drive all around Cornwall and mostly rainy weather, an afternoon stop in some Cafe that served Cornish cream tea, was the best way to end a day of exploring.



The clotted cream was a new experiance for me. That is something not available here at home. The quality of the Scones ranked from dry and edible to awesome.



I wanted to bake the awesome ones. I used the liquid or milk that was left over from the clotted cream. I think that was a good idea.



The recipe for the Scones is from Cupcake Jemma. But I did not prepare everything by hand. I blitzed the dry ingredients with the cold butter in my Thermomix. My hands are too warm and the butter gets to soft that way.



Recipe for 14 Scones:

425 g AP flour, 50 g sugar, 1/4 tsp salt

5 tsp baking powder, 125 g cold cubed butter

1 egg, 250 ml milk (or 1/2 milk and cream)

Some milk and egg to brush later. Flour for the surface.

The dough is sticky. Pat it or roll it out to 1 inch thickness. Take a ring cutter or a glass and press down. DO NOT turn the cutter around, that will close the outside of the scone. Just press down and take it out.

Bake at 170 C fan for 25 min. Check if the bottom of a scone is dry.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment