Saturday 5 June 2021

Clotted Cream

I bought 600 ml of organic double cream this morning. 



I heated my oven up to 75 C and put a baking dish with the cream in a little water in it. This is the method made by Chef John from Food Wishes.com



Now I must wait about 10 hours.

After 10,5 hours I opened my oven and looked at the baking dish. It had a yellow layer on top, but it was very liquidy. I let it cool down to room temperature and covered it with cling film and stuck it in the  fridge over night.



In the morning I checked the progress. I drained the liquid into a jar for later and scooped out the cream.


The 600 ml double cream ended in 285 ml milk. 250 ml of it were used to make the scones and the rest was brushed in top for a shine.

Yeah! Clotted cream!



No comments:

Post a Comment