Wednesday 16 June 2021

Cod Loin with Herb Bread Topping

This is my 1700 th blog.

If you live here in Germany you would know Schlemmerfilet Bordelaise from Iglo. It came into the freezer sections of Supermarkets in 1969.



A piece of fish with a topping of breadcrumbs, fat and tiny veggies and lots of seasoning. I hated it from the beginning and  only ate it when somebody offered it to me. For me it was and is a waste of good fish.



I made my own topping with a lot of fresh herbs from my balcony. 



Recipe for 1:

220 g cod loin, 1 hand full fresh green herbs

1/2 lemon, 40 g butter, 1 toast slice, salt and pepper, 2 tbsp flour, 1tbsp oil

Preheat the oven 180 C fan.



Season the cod with salt and  pepper and cover it in flour. Heat up the oil in a pan and cook the fish on both sides for 90 sec.



Use an oven proof dish and set the cod in. 

Use a mini chopper for the toast and next for the herbs. Mix both with lemon juice and butter and season with salt and pepper



Spread on top of the cod and stick in the oven for 10 min.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment