Wednesday 9 June 2021

Puff Pastry with Spinach and Roquefort

This was once again created after a fridge and freezer raid. I had no idea what to cook and assembled all things that needed a purpose. And they had to go with puff pastry.



The pastry was expired last week, but still looked and smelled good. So no way I was throwing it out. Open packages of various cream cheeses went on the kitchen counter. In the back of my fridge stuck a package of Roquefort cheese. That has a very long shelf life and was still not over the expiration date, but the recipe I wanted to cook it with was long ago discarded.



Cheeses and puff pastry are a good combo. A bit of vegetable was needed to make the dish less heavy.



Sticking my head into the freezer door I found an opened package of spinach and cream pellets. I defrosted them and mixed them with the cheeses.



Recipe:

350 g puff pastry, egg wash

150 g cream spinach cooked, 125 g Roquefort, 50 g goat cream cheese, 75 g cream cheese, 2 tsp paprika, nutmeg, pepper



Defrost the spinach and heat it im the microwave. Season with nutmeg.

Mix cream cheeses with Roquefort and 4 tbsp spinach and season with pepper.



Cut the puff pastry in 3 pieces. Fold them like Piede boats and fill them with the mix. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with paprika.

Bake at 190 C for 20 min.


No comments:

Post a Comment