Friday 6 January 2023

Burrata with Puy Lentils and Sweet Potato and caramelized Pears with Almonds

It sounds complicated - but it is not! Just organize  the preptime and you are good to go.



I bought a container of Burrata. I love this creamy cheese in a rubbery ball shape. Mostly served cold with tomatoes. I went on the hunt for different recipes to use up the cheese. I´ve done some already and the recipes are on the blog.



This time I found two pictures of cooked dishes with Burrata. They both looked nice, but did not force me to cook both of them. But the pictures lingered and I came up with a variation of both and combined them.




The endresult was very tasty!

The first step is cooking the lentils in unsalted water. During that time I peeled and cubed the piece of sweet potato. The last 7 min of the lentil cooking time, they went in with them in the pot. Drain and back in the pot. Add olive oil and date vinegar, salt and pepper. 



Now take a clean pan and toast the almonds, take care not to burn them. Set them aside. In the same pan, melt butter and add sugar to make a caramel. Peel the pear and cut it in small chunks. Drop the pear in the pan and get them soft.

Get all ingredients on a plate and set the Burrata on top. Add more vinegar and olive oil.

1 Burrata

1/3 sweet potato, 50 g green lentils

1 pear, 25 g sliced almonds

Spiced olive oil and Date vinegar, salt and pepper


 

No comments:

Post a Comment