Tuesday 31 January 2023

Polish Soup Zurek

I made this soup from scratch a long time ago. It is here on the blog. I ate it during my trip through Poland and liked the sour taste.



I was cleaning out my pantry and some items went on the counter for cooking in the near future. The treta pack of soup was from a Polish/ Eastern European market and I wanted to try it. Forgotten on a shelf, I rediscovered it now.



Since it is a stormy and icy winter day, a heart warming soup sounded great.



Just shake the tetra pack a couple of times and pour it in a pot to heat up. Since I made a pork bone stock today with the leftover bones from my Japanese pork from the weekend, I had some meat left on the bones later. That went in the soup too. Waste not!



The constistency of the soup was a bit runny. The taste had the sourdough touch. To add more to the soup, I made some croutons. That was a great idea and pimped my soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment