Sunday 22 January 2023

Rice Vermicelli Salad with Ssamjang

This salad was eaten with small sausage balls. 



I was cleaning out a pantry and found a package of Rice Vermicelli. Had only used up one piece of it. Now I needed an idea.



The other ingredient to use this week was a box of fresh raw sausages, aka Bratwurst. Sausage and rice noodles???



Pulling out the veggie drawer of my fridge, I took out some small carrots, one red bell pepper and lots of spring onions.



Now I needed a sauce for the noodles or a dressing for  salad. I was still not sure what to cook. Then I took out the box of Ssamjang. Now the coast was clear. Veggie salad with Ssamjang, rice noodles and Bratwurst on the side. But still the sausage part was not solved. I decided to take them out of their casing and fry them as chunks in a pan. Good idea.

Ingredients for 2:

400 g raw sausage like salsiccia

2 blocks of rice vermicelli noodles

4 small carrots, 1 red bell pepper, 3 spring onions

2 tsp minced garlic, 2 tbsp Ssamjang, 2 tsp oyster sauce, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp agave syrup, pepper, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 lime

Place the vermicelli in a bowl and pour boiling water over them. Let then sit for 8 to 10 min, drain.



Cut up the veggies in different styles. The carrots with a speed peeler in strips, the pepper in battonettes, the onion in small rings.

Mix them with the sauce and the noodles. Fry the bratwurst and serve with the salad.




No comments:

Post a Comment