Friday 20 January 2023

Potato Slices stacked with Garlic, Parmesan and brown Butter

I watched a French Reel on Insta. My French language knowledge is good enough for food and cooking. I had no problems to follow the recipe.



I had only one problem. The potatoes I had at home were all different sizes. Tiny, medium and ugly ones. So I went out in the morning to buy some new ones. Mostly the same size.



It is important to use a mandoline to cut the potatoes all in the same thickness. Otherwise they will not cook evenly.



Brown butter or Beurre noisette is the key part in this recipe. I had some butter dith real white truffel sitting in the fridge, since the holiday. But still good to eat. It went with more regular butter in a casserole to brown. Keep your nose near the pot, you will smell the moment when it turns brown. Don't wait too long or it will burn soon. 



Ingredients:

6 medium size potatoes

4 garlic cloves, dried thyme

80 g butter, salt, pepper

Parmesan cheese



Mix all ingredients well and stack them in a muffin tin to the top. Place a baking paper over the tin and a heavy dish on top. Pkace in the oven.



Bake at 180 C fan for 15 min. Take dish and paper away, bake for 15 min on 180 C, tgen put under the grill for 10 min.



Eat it with any kind of dip you like. I used Greek yogurt, ketchup and sweet chili sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment