Monday 25 September 2023

Eating out at KISH Persian Restaurant in Frankfurt

This was a very late Birthday celebration. My friends birthday was in July, but it took us some time to come together. Celebrating in a restaurant is always fun.



It was my duty to come up with restaurant choice. Since I am not living in Frankfurt, I went through Google recommandations and made a list of places to eat. I was looking for foreign cuisines. And I wanted a place that served lunch, not only evening dinners. 




The final one was the Kish Persian Restaurant.

The ambiente was colorful and impressive and we had a nice big table in the middle of the restaurant.



The drink menu contained lots of combinations we are not used to in Germany. I found one with rose syrup. That is my new go to since my Rose Cooking Class in July. Absolutely tasty and something to make at home soon.


The Amuse bouche was a plate with lots of fresh herbs, red radishes and cherry tomatoes, some feta and thin bread. Good to start our food adventure.



We ordered a mixed starter for two. A nowl of red lentil soup was the first part. Both of us loved the two different eggplant creams, the olives in pomegrate syrup dressing - absolute new to me, but super tasty. The two different yogurt mixes were good. Only the hummus was bland.



Now the Entré came. A huge plate with skewered minced lamb and lamb filet, two different kinds of Basmati, an mayo and yogurt saffron dip and a carrot salad. Too much food! We took some of it home with us.



The question now was: are we done eating?

A wonderful Mocca with cardamom and some Medjul dates helped.



We ordered some saffrom ice cream, had some kind of saffron and rice confectionary and a tall glass of saffron tea.

We were ready to be rolled out of the restaurant after that feast.






No comments:

Post a Comment