Saturday 16 January 2016

Cabbage and Bacon Salad

I still have some of the Jaroma cabbage sitting around. It is versatile so I made a salad to eat it as it is.
But stop, I used salt and let the cabbage sit for 30 minutes, then washed it and got rid of the salt. Now the cabbage is no longer hard. And lost a quarter of its size.

Cabbage and Bacon Salad

Since everything tastes better with bacon and with onion and garlic, it was the dressing to turn to.

recipe:
1/2 head of Jaroma cabbage
80 g bacon bits
2 cloves of garlic1/2 tsp caraway seed
salt, pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Sherry vinegar
1 tsp fine parsley


Get a small pan and brown the bacon, get rid of the fat. Put in the onion and garlic and soften it for 2 more minutes.
Pull the pan from the heat and let it cool down a bit, add the Sherry vinegar and the oil and dress the salad with it. Season with caraway seed and parsley.

I served the salad with Tempura fish. I bought some Nile Perch today,
seasoned it with salt and pepper and put it through some tempura flour.
I made a tempura batter with ice cold Grapefruit flavoured Weizen beer.


Nile Perch Tempura with Cabbage and Bacon Salad



No comments:

Post a Comment