Wednesday 25 January 2017

Cooking onehanded Curry Bananas

I had an operation on my left hand today, that means I can´t use it for the next 10 to 12 days.
Simple cooking will be the choice for the next time.
Taking photos with one hand is a challenge too.
I had this challenge in July 2015 the first time.  I could not use my right hand then. My friends suggested to eat frozen pizza, take-out or microwave dinners. My answer was: No way- and I learned to cut and do everything with my left hand then. I even baked a Victoria Sponge Cake with Cream and Cherries.

Coming home today I was hungry and did not need too much work. Curry Bananas with rice and fried eggs are a family classic, best for ripe bananas. I use now all the helpers I have at home. Such as rice cooker or Thermomix.

recipe for 1:
2/3 cup Basmati rice
2 ripe bananas
2 tsp mild curry powder
3 tbsp butter
2-3 eggs


Cook the rice.
Peel the bananas and rub them with curry.
Use 2 pans.
In foaming butter bake the bananas until smooth.
in some butter fry the eggs.
Chuck it all on a plate and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment