Tuesday 31 January 2017

Turkey Katsu with Rice

I had one slice of organic turkey breast sitting in the fridge. About 130 g of it. I was checking different YT videos about Japan and remembered the Tonkatsu I had in Kyoto.  All other ingredients were sitting in the cupboard.


I am fond of these very thin slices of deep fried meat and they are a much better choice then any chicken nuggets from the Fast Food Chaines.  It is no compressed meat of an unknown producer, but a real slice of meat of good quality.
It is important to use some Panko breadcrumbs, because the give the meat the special crispiness and they do not burn so fast, because they are rougher in texture and bigger in size.
I brought some Yakisoba Sauce back from Japan -the taste reminds me of a mix of Ketchup, Worchestersauce and H1 BBQ sauce.
I had a jar of Mungo bean sprouts sitting around for quite a while, I made a quick dressing and added the washed sprouts to make a salad.

Recipe:
130 g Chicken breast or turkey breast
1 egg
3 tbsp flour
5 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
2 cups oil for frying
1 cup rice
1 jar mungo beansprouts
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp mirin
dried salad herbs
salt and pepper
1 spring onion


I have cut the turkey breast into 3 pieces, seasoned them with salt and pepper.
I seasoned the flour and the egg and panned the filets.
Heat up the oil to 170C and fry the cutletts until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and cut into slices.
Serve with rice and salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment