Saturday 21 October 2017

Breaded Pollock - Childhood memories

I prepared a piece of pollock today and made it the way my Mom always made it. It was even served with a potato salad. I took a bite and rememered many Fridays of the past. This dish was a Friday classic in our family, at least served one Friday of the month.


The breaded fish then was a bit blackened or more blackened on the outside and a bit dry in the middle. Mom loved to cook on the highest heat on the hob, turning the knob down to low was seldom an option for her - sorry Mom!

Later when I cooked with my family, I took over the fish preparation and Mom made the potato salad.

This is an easy way to prepare the fish.


recipe for 2:
380 g pollock
salt and pepper
1 egg
3 tbsp flour
1 tsp paprika powder
4 tbsp breadcrumbs
3 tbsp rapeseed oil
1/2 lemon

Pat the fish dry, cut it into 2 pieces and season it with salt and pepper.
Mix the paprika with the flour.
Season the egg with salt and pepper.
Pass the fish through flour, egg and breadcrumbs.


Heat up the oil in a pan on medium heat and place the fish in.
Cook until the breadcrumbs are golden brown - do not char them to black, please !!!
Turn and bake the other side.

Serve with a Potato salad. My version of it will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment