Monday 24 February 2020

Chicken Schnitzel

Go for good quality chicken breast. Free range or organic chicken are the best.

This is the only advice I can give you.


Preparations for a good Schnitzel are always the same. Essential is the seasoning. Unseasoned meat results in a bad piece on your plate. Not only salt and pepper, paprika and some dried herbs are good.

Do not forget to season the egg and breadcrumbs. I used some smoked paprika for the breadcrumbs- very delish.


The breast pieces were thick on one side and flat on the other side. To get an even cooked piece of chicken breast, I opened the inner filet out and put clingfilm on top and flattened the breast piece into a large surface. Season it and put it through flour, egg and a mix of breadcrumbs.


Use a large pan and fill 1 cm high with canola oil or any other oil that can be heated up high. Do not use olive oil. Do not overheat the oil, just a medium high temperature.

Bake the chicken on both sides until done and crispy.

I had halve of a head of broccoli sitting in the veggie drawer of my fridge. I took the florets and cubed the stem and put it in a microwave dish with a little water and cooked it on 800 W for 5 min. Then I added seasoning and 3 tsp of creme fraiche and cooked it 2 min more.



No comments:

Post a Comment