Wednesday 19 February 2020

Rainbow Trout with Broccoli Bake

I have two rainbow trout filets from our fishmonger. The fish is from our region. When I can get something like that, I buy this instead of something from far away.
The filets are not thick enough to put in a bake. The long time in the oven would overbake them.


That is the reason for a separat bake of broccoli and two potatoes in the oven. The trout will just see the pan.


I cooked the potatoes nearly to the state of done. Then I took them out of tge water to steam off. Usually you cut the potatoes with the knife when you put them into an oven proof dish. But yesterday on television I saw a woman on the island of Ibiza pulling the cooked potatoes apart with a fork. That created a rougher surface and that took up the sauce a lot better.



recipe for 2:
2 rainbow trout filets
1 tbsp flour
2 large potatoes
250 g broccoli
butter
2 spring onions
1 clove of garlic
1 egg
150 ml double cream
mozzarella cheese
salt, pepper and nutmeg


I cut up the onions and garlic and had them in a pan with a little butter. Then I added the broccoli florets. I gave them 3 min and then seasoned zhem with salt, peffer and nutmeg. A good splash of water helped to steam the broccoli.


Heat up the oven to 170 C fan.
Butter the dish. Mix the potatoes with the broccoli onion mix.
In a bowl mix cream, egg and seasoning and pour it over. Add the cheese on top .
Put it in the oven for 15 min.


Season the trout with salt and pepper - after you removed the fish bones.
Flour the skin side.


In a bit of oil and butter sear the trout on the skinside. Then flip and cook for 2 min,
It is ready to serve now.

No comments:

Post a Comment