Wednesday 20 May 2020

Asparagus with Prawn & Pepper Topping

Asparagus season calls for inventing dishes. This is one of those.


I checked my fridge and found 2 red bell peppers that were on their last leg. I had a package of Chili Prawns from Lidl short before the expiration date.  (Chili Prawns that a not hot and spicy! They taste like regular prawns to me).


Combining them with the asparagus tops I bought was the plan. Chucking everything in a pan is so uninspiring.  Something  that looks good on a photo is a lot better.


I peeled most of the rubbery skin off the bell peppers and chopped a large spring onion. The peeled asparagus tops went into the steamer for 18 min.

Chunks of bell pepper and the onins needed about 10 minutes in the pan. A good dose of Noilly Prat and seasoning came next. The prawns needed only 2 minutes to heat through.

A nice oblong plate with the short asparagus tips laid out all in one direction, topped with the hot mix looked good.
I still have some of my 7 herb pesto to use up. A bit of fresh basil came last.

Looks good on a photo and tastes great on its own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment