Sunday 3 May 2020

Carrot Salad Indian spiced

I found the idea on the Internet and a bunch of carrots in my veggie drawer.

The Website was Feasting at home that inspired me. Doing a recipes with just the ingredients you have at home needs some adjustments. I love to mix and match and make any recipe my own.
Since my last holiday on Mauritius this January I have a huge pot of "Grilled Masala" at home. This is the typical island style without and heat to it, but super intense spices. This is my new go to, when a recipe calls for some curry powder.


Fresh coriander is not stocked at home, but on my balcony I have a pot with Vietnamese coriander. Totally different in look and taste. But very good.


My friend made 2 carrot dishes at home today and sent me the photos. One was a carrot gin, the other a dish with grilled carrots. The gin is going to be next on my agenda.


The original recipes claims, that this salad lasts up to 5 days in the fridge. After eating some just now, I only have one day left of it.


recipe for 4:
350 g peeled and grated carrots
2 spring onions
1/4 tsp dried garlic powder
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
zest and juice from a lemon
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup toasted cashews and flaked almonds
4 stalks Vietnamese coriander
3 stalks Chinese garlic chives
2 stalks grapefruit mint

dressing:
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp bitter lemon
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp Piment d´Espelette
1 heaped tsp grilled Masala


Use a box grater for the carrots. Toast the nuts without any oil in a pan.
The bitter lemon gives additional flavour and liquid to the dressing.





No comments:

Post a Comment