Wednesday 13 May 2020

Quinoa with black beans - vegan

A bit of vegan food is good once in a while. A had some black beans in a small jar and I needed a recipe.



My BFF gets me lots of newspaper scraps with recipes on. Sometimes magazine issues from health food stores. I sift through them and a recipe catches my eye. Quinoa is one of the staple grains sitting in my cupboard. Not so often used. But it comes in handy when I have to bulk out a dish. It is great in salads too. Very bland and it does not stand out in any kind of recipe.


recipe for 2:
100 g white quinoa
1 small jar of black beans
1 lime juice and zest
1 spring onion
1 shallot
6 cherry tomates or 3 small ones
Ancho chili powder
Pul  Biber
salt and pepper
parsley
coriander
1 tsp olive oil
2 tsp alba oil


Wash the quinoa in a fine colander and cook it in salted water for 10 min on low heat. Drain.
In a pan heat up the oils and add both onions to it. Cook until soft. Add the spices.
Now in with the halved cherry tomatoes, give it a couple of minutes.

Add zest and juice of the lime.
Now in with the washed beans.
Finish with fresh chopped parsley and coriander.

No comments:

Post a Comment