Saturday 9 May 2020

Salad Milan with Serrano Ham and Chicken Breast

A salad recipe I found on Chefkoch. When you read Serrano ham and chicken breast that is caramelized, that sounds interesting. Other ingredients like Mozzarella cheese and Pesto are promising.


I just bought the ham and chicken breast at the supermarket and prepared the salad as the recipe told me.
Usually when I read a recipe I get a flavour profile from it. Then I adjust it to my liking. Often I think, hey there is something missing in the recipe. Ingredients don´t match or the seasoning is off.
Sometimes when there are cooking times in a recipe, they do not make sense to me.
This time, I was only hooked on the Serrano ham and homemade Pesto and all other things did not ring a bell.


The ingredients were of good quality. No fault there.
The freshly made 7 green herb pesto was amazing.
The free range chicken breast was tender.
A good caramel.
Serrano ham is my favourite kind of ham.
The salad was crispy.
I could not get any buffalo mozzarella, but bought an organic one.
A jar of sun dried tomatoes.
Greek yogurt.


All in all what is not to like.

Mix pesto and yogurt, that is the dressing.

Bring it all together on a plate. Take some photos and then a bite.


Go back into the kitchen and get some vinegar and sea salt, pepper, lemon and a couple of other spices.


It still looked a lot better then it tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment