Tuesday 26 May 2020

Mac 'n Cheese

I used small Fussili pasta! But the heavy cheesy pasta is something to try - just not more then 4 or 5 times a year ☺


The last time I had a helping was in a Restaurant in Florida. It was just fatty and very clogging. Since that time I stayed away from it. But then the guys from Sortedfood made a batch in Lockdown and that inspired me to do the same.


I was at the grocery store to look for the typical American cheese. I was standing in front of the dairy fridge and was unable to find it. I got help from someone filling up the fridge. It is such a long time since I bought that orange plastric wrapped cheese.


Many years ago my Dad made a couple of burgers. He wanted to prepare them like at the burger joint. When he served them, everybody took a bite and had a problem to get through the burger - he left the plastic wrapper on the cheese. He saw no difference between the cheese and the cover.


Since everything tastes better with bacon, and a little more fat does not count. I put some bits in the pasta as well. The preparation is easy. No need to make a roux. Just use some sour cream and mix that with the cheeses.


recipe for 3:
180 g small pasta - use Maccaroni - if you have them
150 g sour cream
4 slices orange American cheese
2 slices Emmenthal cheese
20 g processed velveeta paprika
4 tbsp cream cheese
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
60 g fried bacon bits
pepper
Piment d´Espelette
2 tbs breadcrumbs

Cook the pasta, drain and save some of the water.
Heat the grill of the oven to 180 C
Dump all the chopped cheese in the water, pour the pasta on top and stir.
Add bacon and seasoning.
Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and more Parmesan and stick under the grill for 7 min.

Put some basil leaf on the side of the dish to make it healthy !

No comments:

Post a Comment