Tuesday 28 July 2020

Chicken Pad Thai

This was a cooking kit I found at my local supermarket. AROY-D is a well known brand.



I love Asian food, but I seldom cook Thai food. We have a food truck near the office, where I sometimes get some lunch. What I ate today reminded me a lot of the Pad Thai with chicken there.
For a ready made sauce, rice noodles and ground peanuts it was good. But even less spicy then from the food truck. The sauce was on the sweet side.


I used a bit of leek and courgette to bulk out the dish. From the BBQ yesterday I had chicken legs left and I used the meat of those. That was a quick dish today.
Just one egg and a bit of coconut oil made it rich.


Cook the rice noodles first and give them a rinse under cold water.
In coconut oil fry the veggies and then break the egg in the middle of the pan and start of cook it, then mix it with the veggies.
Add the sauce package and the noodles and the cooked chicken.


Some fresh spring onion and ground peanuts finishes the dish.      

No comments:

Post a Comment