Tuesday 28 July 2020

Green Bean Salad




Summer time is the time for locally grown green beans.


This is a simple salad that goes great with BBQ.  For some color use some red onion instead of the usual yellow one. A bit of fresh parsley gives it a nice taste.


I grow a pot of savoury on my balcony. Here in Germany it is called Bohnenkraut as in beans herb.
Cooking the beans with a couple of twigs of savoury makes them even better. 
Do you like your beans on the squeaky side or more on the cooked side?

I prefare them on the cooked side. But I put them into cold water to stop the beans from getting grey after cooking.

salad dressing:
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp pink balsamic vinegar
1 red onion
parsley
a pinch of smoked sea salt
a pinch of fleur de sel
black pepper

When I chop my onions I start the kettle to get a bit of boiling water to soak the onions in for 1 minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment