Wednesday 15 July 2020

Sugar snap peas in lemon cream sauce with pasta

Once again creative fridge ingredients cooking. After a long day and a mediocre lunch I wanted something freshly made. But it needed to be fast and easy.
I stuck my head in the fridge and found half of a package of sugar snap peas, a lemon on its last leg, some creme fraiche left over from the muffin bake and 2 spring onions sticking out of my water jar. The bottom of a bag of Russian pasta contained about
90 g of it, sitting on the counter since last week. Enough for a decent plate of food.


I cooked the pasta in Chef Marquard style in 200 ml water, salt and 3 slices of ginger.  In the end most of the thick starchy liquid went into the sauce.


Recipe:
85 g sugar snap peas
1 lemon
90 g pasta
2 spring onions
4 tbsp creme fraiche
2 slices of ginger
Oil
Salt and pepper


I cut off the tops of the peas and cut them lengthwise.
Chopped spring onions heated in oil, added peas and lemon zest and a bit of juice.
Season and finish with creme fraiche.

No comments:

Post a Comment