Monday 20 July 2020

Panna Cotta with Rosewater

I wanted to prepare this dessert with home made woodruff syrup. But I checked the bottle and saw something floating on top. It had gone bad.


Since cream,milk, sugar been in the pot to heat up and the gelatine was already soaking in cold water, I needed a quick idea what to add to it.


I have two bottles in my pantry, one containing rosewater and the other orange blossom water.
I went the rosewater way. To make it a little more obvious, I added a timy amount of pink food color.


How would it taste? A bit too much rosewater and you have a soapy taste. Not enough, and the typical flavour is not coming out. When it was hot, it tasted good. Now I am waiting for the gelatine to set in the fridge.

recipe:
300 ml double cream
200 ml whole milk
3 gelatine leaves
45 g sugar
2 tbsp rosewater
pink food color

Grenadine syrup


Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 min, squeeze it out.

Heat up milk and cram with the sugar. Add the rosewater and take it off the heat.
Dissolve the gelatine in and pour it in small containers.
Let it set in the fridge for 3 hours minimum.   

Serve it with some grenadine syrup, that matches well with the rosewater flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment