Sunday 26 July 2020

Ramen Noodles in Noori Cream Sauce with Prawns

I got the idea from a YT video.
Runnyrunny999 cooked Japanese Genovese pasta.


A basil pesto is the Genovese style. A bunch of ripped up Noori sheet in water and cream with spaghetti was his version.


It hooked me the moment I saw the video, but I wanted to change it into my style.


I have two packages of Ramen from my Asian Supermarket and a whole bunch of Norri sheets. Cooked prawns were in sale last week and so already in the fridge. This is a 8-10 minute dish.
But when you buy prawns in the shell, it takes a lot longer and makes stinky fingers.


I cooked the Ramen and drained them. I like them a bit more firm, so my cooking time was one min less.

I ripped up the noori very roughly, the pieces were a lot bigger then the ones showed in the video.
Boiling some water in a pan and tossing the noori in. Cooking just for 3 min and adding the cream.
Some senjo pepper and togarashi chili pepper and the sauce was done.
Adding the ramen and the prawns just to heat through.

The dish was great and I shared it later with a good friend, whose husband did not like the smell of fish and seaweed.

recipe for 2:
2 packages ready made Ramen
2 sheets of Noori
80 ml double cream
senjo pepper
togarashi chili
200 g prawns
 

No comments:

Post a Comment