Wednesday 8 July 2020

Hot Dogs for 4th of July

To celebrate 4th of July I decided to prepare some Hot Dogs.


I rarely make some, very rarely. The last time I´ve eaten some was at IKEA in Berlin last year.
But a couple of different filling options for Hot Dogs in my new air fryer cookbook inspired me.

For 2 Dogs I needed in one a couple of fried potato cubes and in the other some fried potato sticks. They went into the air fryer first for 20 min.

I made a dressing with creme fraiche, ketchup, sweet hot mustard and dried herbs.
I pickled some onions - there is a Blog for that
I made Pico de Gallo - one of my latest Blogs


The Dogs only needed about 7 min at 180 C and were ready.

One of the Hot Dogs got a classic filling:
Dressing, sauerkraut, pickled onions, deep fried onions,  potato sticks, dog, American Mustard


Second Hot Dog was Mexican style:
Dressing, Pico de Gallo, jalapeno, dog , Coriander and Ketchup

Third Hot Dog was Cuban style:
Dressing, fried potato cubes, pickled onion, dog, Ketchup

After eating the first dog, I mostly ate the filling. I am absolutely no fan of the Hot Dog buns.


No comments:

Post a Comment