Friday 28 August 2020

Cauliflower Rice with Cheddar and Parmesan Sauce





What is summed up in the title is basically the recipe. Just a few minor things added.



From my cauliflower steak are both sides of the veggie still as florets in my veggie drawer. A quick food for this evening was on the agenda.
Cauliflower rice was a method I wanted to check out since I saw it on YT. But I had my lazy day and was not looking forward to a bunch of dirty dishes.


I used my Thermomix TM3.

500 g cauliflower
70 g grated Cheddar
25 g Parmesan
500 g water
Salt
Parsley
4 tbsp creme fraiche
Smoked salt and pepper


Put 2 chunks of Parmesan in the TM and on speed 8 for 6 seconds grate it.
Fill it into a small bowl.

Without cleaning the pot dump in the cauliflower and on speed 4 for 5 sec make a rice like grain, a big grain!


Fill it into the steamer basket and pour 500 g hot water and some salt in.
On Varoma speed 3 for 8 min.

Get the basket with the rice out and pour it in a bowl, keep warm.
Toss the water out, just keep about 60 ml in the pot.
Add both cheeses, seasoning, creme fraiche and parsley
On speed 3, heat 90 make the sauce in 90 sec.

Pour over the cauliflower and enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment