Friday 14 August 2020

Red wine risotto topped with Raclette cheese

Red wine in Risotto with melted cheese on top is a speciality from Lombardy.


I saw a report about that region and risotto is a main staple there. Since I love all kinds of risotto, I jumped on the idea the monent I watched it.


A bottle of Bardolino was my wine of choice. A little in the risotto, a lot into the Chef.
I added some diced courgette after half of the cooking time.

Melted raclette cheese is always a good idea. Having it on fresh cooked risotto made the dish very oncious.


Ingredients:
2 shallots
125 ml red wine
2 cloves of garlic
180 g Carneroli rice
600 ml veg stock
100 g courgette
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 tsp butter
Salz and pepper
100 g raclette cheese


Cook the risotto like any other one. Just add red wine instead of white wine and let it reduce completely.

When it is ready, add the butter and melt the cheese and top every portion with it
 Serve immediately.







No comments:

Post a Comment