Wednesday 12 August 2020

Tomato Gin - spicy

I' ve got the idea from Better Home and Gardens and adjusted it to my liking and my ingredients. The amount of gin in the original recipe was a bit small for my taste!


The tomato harvest is rising every day now and I have to find ways to prepare them. Why not in a cocktail.


At first I thought about a cocktail I made once before, but with Pimm's.  That was great, btw. But I found the idea of gin a lot better.


I rubbed the glass with lime juice and used Dallas BBQ chili rub to coat the rim. My lips are burning nicely now.


Mashing the tomato chunks with some tarragon makes the cocktail a little cloudy. If you want it clear, just add the small tomatoes in pieces.

I am not a huge fan of ice cubes. I have the tonic water cold from the fridge.

Recipe for 1 large and 1 small glass:
Dallas BBQ chili rub or any kind of steak pepper
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
1 sprig tarragon
4 cl gin
1/2 lime
3 drops Lea & Perrins
2 drops smoked Tabasco
Tiny pinch of sea salt
Little pepper
250 ml tonic water
Slice of cucumber for deco (optional)

Crush tomatoes with tarragon.
Rub the rims with lime juice and coat in rub.
Add tomatoes.
Mix the other ibgredients and fill the glass up with tonic water.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment