Saturday 29 August 2020

Potato and Liver Pate filled Pasta

Pasta served in sage butter and chili.


This is a dish of all things sitting around. They needed a purpose and I needed quick food on my lunch break working from home. The package of fresh pasta dough is still good to go. I have the impression that it grows more and more in the fridge. Even after using it for 2 meals now, there is still enough for more dishes. I have to google for more recipes to use it up soon.


Filled pasta is tasty, the often used ingredients are ricotta and spinach or cheese  and mushrooms or minced meat. I did not have any of the above at home.
Using mashed potato is something I encountered in Poland where I had Pirogi. Stuff filled with some kind of Paté is often found in France. Now combine these ingredients and you have my version.


I had to make sure that the filling was not too wet. That was the reason to use the microwave to cook the potato in its peel. It gets soft inside bit it is dry.


By adding just enough creme fraiche and a little cream to it, I made sure the mash still was very dry.
I chucked some spring onion greens and the liver paté in and seasoned it. The mix was not pliable enough. Now with the help of an egg yolk, it reached the right consitancy.


I cut 13 cm strips from the pasta sheet and used the egg white to go around the outside to help for sticking it together later. Two teaspoons of filling and the carefully folding it.

I made some in the form of tortellini and the rest just folded over. Both methods worked well. I stored them on some semolina to prevent them from sticking together.

Hot boiling water with a lot of salt. The pasta needed just a bit to reach the top and then 3 min to get done.

A pan with a good blob of butter,cooked until brown and two stalks of sage and some red chili took all of a couple of minutes. In with the pasta and the dish was done. 




No comments:

Post a Comment