Friday 7 August 2020

Fried Eggplant chunks with dip

Many years ago in California I had this snack for the first time. I stayed with friends in Roseville and a couple of eggplants were their snack to go with the family. That time eggplants were not my favourite veggies.


The method to prepare interested me and I stayed in the kitchen to learn.

During that vacation I went to the supermarket and bought a cardboard box of the corn flour. I still have it and refill it. Just a great memory.


The key to tasty eggplant is the preparation. Chop them, slin on into bite size chunks and put them into a bowl. Season them with salt and a tiny bit of sugar, shake them well and let them sit for 30 min.
Now toss them on a kitchen towel and then into the cleaned bowl with corn flour and a bit of smoked paprika.


Heat up some oil to 180 C and toss the aubergine chunks in. Fry until golden brown. Let them drain on kitchen paper.


Dip:
2 tbsp mayo
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tsp Sriracha
2 tbsp curry ketchup
Fresh herbs.




No comments:

Post a Comment