Monday 17 August 2020

Courgette into Pineapple

I watched YT again. EMMYMADEINJAPAN.

She used a green large zucchini and made some kind of dried fruit out of it by cooking it in pineapple juice.


Two weeks ago a friend gave me 3 large courgettes, one of them yellow.
The other two are already eaten. The yellow one stayed in the veg drawer of my fridge. Everytime I saw it, I thought: Not Yet, please.


Checking my dry store cupboard I found a can of pineapples. Since it is a hot and very humid Sunday, what else id better as to spent some quality time in a hot kitchen, grrr.


The recipe is easy, but you need a drier for veggies, fruit or meat. It will take uo to 18 hrs. to reach the final result.

1 large courgette
Pineapple juice
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/4 icing sugar


Peel and deseed the courgette. Cut it in bite size chunks.
Cook it in pineapple juice 8-10 min to get it translucent.
Add the caster sugar and cook 30 min more.
Drain and keep the juice in the fridge. Use it to make more.

Put the chunks on drying racks and let it run.
9 to 12 hrs.
Before you pack them away, toss them through icing sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment