Sunday 2 August 2020

Wibele - a baked speciality and ginger mint tea

I was on a weekend trip to Wuerttemberg and met with friends on Saturday. They gave me a nice gift of local wine and something baked.


Tiny pieces of crunchy bakes that have a history in the area.
My friends told me the story.

A pastry Chef called Wibel may have been a bit clumsy baking fat free sponge cakes. He dribbled cake batter all over the place on baking sheets. After a short time in the oven they were scraped off. Even the local royals loved them. They were called Wibele since 1800 and are originated in Langenburg.

The restaueant we visited served a unique kind of tea. A couple of long slices of fresh ginger and a sprig of fresh mint came in a glass with hot water. An elderflower syrup bottle stood on the tray too. You sweeten your own glass with it.

I just made my own ginger mint tea, but with French mirabelle syrup.
Very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment