Wednesday 9 September 2020

Chanterelles and Grapes on a Pancake

Finally out on a 6 days holiday. I am staying in the Lower Rhine region near the border of the Netherlands.

On the way to my holiday apartment I stopped in Xanten. This city is famous for the huge archeological Roman park. Due to the Covid19 pandemic only the huge park was open to see how the Romans lived. After a long walk through the park I was hungry and walked from there to historic downtown Xanten.


The centre of the city is the huge market place.

Outdoor seating is the must now and the weather was warm enough to do it.

I went into the Börse Restaurant. They had chanterelle mushroom week.
12 different dishes with these mushrooms.

Many were traditional dishes just button mushrooms exchanged with chanterelles.

One dish caught my eye: Pancake with chanterelles, white and red whole grapes.
The pancake came gratinated with cheese.

But the pancake was drenched in a Hollandaise sauce. That sauce was an convienience product and too much of it was not the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment