Monday 21 September 2020

Nasi Goreng

The supermarket in the Netherlands offered lots of Indonesian spice blends.
Nasi Goreng is one of my favourite dishes since I was young. My Mom bought canned Nasi or Bami Goreng and reheated it in a pan until it became a little crispy. The whole family loved it. Spicy and salty aromas are still in my mind when I hear Nasi Goreng.


I bought a spice blend from Samasaya. The shrimp paste together with the other spices was all I needed to cook.
Rice, veggies and chicken, eggs and ketchup manis was all I had to get ready for the paste.


Recipe for 2:
1 1/2 cup Jasmine rice
250 g chicken breast
400 g mixed veggies
100 g frozen peas
2 eggs
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp ketchup manis
2 tbsp oil


Cook the rice or use rice from the day v
before.
Beat the eggs, put some oil in a large pan and fry the eggs. Get them out and set aside.
I used leek, broccoli, celeriac and spring oniond as my veggies. Chop them and fry thrm in the pan with some salt and pepper until done. Set aside.


Cut the chicken into small pieces, season and fry them in a little oil.


Add the paste and let it get some heat. Add a little water or stock. Now get the rice in and toss it well. Get the peas and the other veggies in and heat everything through with soy and ketchup manis.

Rip the egg into pieces and stir it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment