Saturday 19 September 2020

Spaghetti with mixed veggies and cheese

Cooking in strange kitchens with a small amount of ingredients and kitchen gadgets is always a challenge.  My first problem was the stove. No induction or gas, just standart. It took a long time to just boil a pot of water. The second challenge was the tiny fridge. Just one small shelve and a veggie drawer. Not much room to store food.
Since I have my kitchen travelling case with me, I have spices and seasoning available.


I only cooked a bit. This is unusual for me when I have an apartment. But bakeries in small towns had a lot of options to try.


In Kevelaer was a small Dutch cheese shop. They had an electric grater in the window. I went inside and bought a piece of Gouda picante and had it grated there.


I brought a small bag of my own tomatoes with me and bought mini bell peppers and spring onions at the supermarket here. Some cream cheese Tuscanny style and creme fraiche went into the shopping cart too.

That was enough for a decent dish.


Recipe for 1:
100 g spaghetti
50 g mixed cherry tomatoes
60 g mini bell peppers
2 spring onions
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp creme fraiche
3 tsp cream cheese flavoured
Salt and pepper
Chili
Thyme
Rosemary
Dutch grated Gouda picante


Cook the spaghetti in salted water, just 400 ml. That way you will get good starchy water for the sauce.
Chop the veggies and dtart with oil, onions and garlic. After a couple of minutes, add the veggies and season well. Cook for 6 min, add cream cheese and creme fraiche and loosen the sauce with the starchy pasta water. Check the seasoning and get the spaghetti in. Mix well. Sprinkle with Gouda.

No comments:

Post a Comment