Wednesday 2 September 2020

Korean Beef in the Slow Cooker

I wanted to use my slow cooker again. I
haven´t had a chunk of beef in a long time. Braising beef is time consuming and makes only sense when you have a bigger amount of meat.


The Korean beef is something I wanted to try for a long time. But during the summer heat it was not an option. Today we have only 18C and a cloudy Sunday.


The beef needed in the slow cooker 8 hrs on low. I wanted to eat some of it for lunch. I woke up 3:44 AM and went into the kitchen and put everything in the slow cooker. Last evening I prepared the ingredients, covered them and placed the sauces and jars around. I hopped back into bed at 3:55 AM. The smell that greeted me at 8 AM was subtle. It increased by the hour.


recipe:
1,3 kg braising beef -I used the Tafelspitz cut
3 cups beef stock
1 cup low sodium soy sauce
4 cloves of garlic
1 chunk fresh ginger
2 spring onions
3 limes juiced
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp Sriracha


steamed Jasmine rice
Spring onions
sesame seeds toasted

Slow cooker 8 hrs on low.  Take it out and pull it apart and mix in some of the sauce.

There is a good amount of meat for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment