Sunday 20 September 2020

Spaghetti with Mushroom sauce

I went grocery shopping in the Netherlands. A 15 km drive from my holiday apartment and I crossed the border. ALBERT HEIN is one of the mayor supermarket chaines in the Netherlands. In Gennep was the nearest one for me.


Since my tiny fridge hampert me to buy a lot of stuff that needed cooling, I went for other stuff like sweet and savoury snacks, cassis drinks, wafers and Asian food.


What amazes me everytime I go to a supermarket there are the huge fridge walls containing all kinds of prepped veggies and foods.
When you go into a German supermarket, a huge display of fresh veggies and fruits greets you. Sometimes it is just so much, you will beed time to check it all out.  In the Netherland you will find 2 small display cases with veggies and fruits and you ask yourself, where is all the produce grown in this country?
Then you discover the walls of fridges.


I looked for a quick fix for lunch later and took a box of white button mushrooms. On the other side was a jar of Funghi Porcini sauce.

That was a good and easy dish. Just added some spring onions and garlic, roasted the mushrooms while the pasta cooked and finished the dish with the sauce from the jar.
It was a good idea to add the fresh mushrooms to the sauce. I did not find any pieces of porcinis in the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment