Sunday 19 June 2022

Beef and Aubergine Bake Turkish style

I saw a short clip on TikTok. After a couple of days I've tried to find it again. No chance. But I have a good memory foodwise and made my own version of this bake.



I drove back home from my holiday apartment that day and I started early. The temperatures for this day were up to 39 C. I started at 6:45 AM and reached the Turkish supermarket a quarter after 9 AM. I just bought aubergines, tomatoes, onions and beef mince and a bucket of yogurt.



While I was unpacking my stuff and running the first laundry, I peeled the aubergines and stored them in salted water for 30 min.



The beef mince was mixed with a lot of vegetables. That made it very tasty and a lot lighter. Serve it with some yogurt and it is a good meal.



Recipe for 3:

2 aubergines, 1 tsp salt, 1 litre water

500 g beef mince, 1 egg, 80 g breadcrumbs

100 ml olive oil+ 2 tbsp

2 tbsp tomato paste, 2 tomatoes, 2 onions, 4 garlic cloves, 1 spring onion

1/2 green bell pepper, 3 large cherry tomatoes, 4 tbsp parsley, 1 chili

Salt, pepper, pul biber, cumin, thyme



Peel the aubergines and cut them in long strips, soak them in salted water for 30 min. Drain and pat dry.



Chop the veggies fine and take out the wet bit of the cherry tomatoes. Add egg and breadcrumbs and season well. Mix a lot.

Put 2 tbsp of oil in an oven proof dish and layer the aubergines. Season eith salt and pepper. Spread the beef mix on top. 



Heat up the oven to 200 C. Cover the dish with tin foil and place in the oven for 30 min. Mix oil and tomato paste. Spread on top after 30 min and discard the tin foil.



Cut the large tomatoes in wide slices and cut the the onion in 8 pieces. Spread the tomato oil mix on top. Place the veggies on top and back in the oven for 30 more min open.

No comments:

Post a Comment