Saturday 4 June 2022

Roquefort Sauce on white Asparagus

Served on top of creamy potato mash.



Here in Germany most people eat white asparagus with Sauce Hollandaise. The problem with this buttery goodness is, only a small amount of people are able to prepare this sauce.



All large producers of ready made products are in business here and produce all kinds of packages with "Sauce Hollandaise". 

From thick and yellow with no butter in sight to better qualities. You can get all kinds

When I crave some real Sauce Hollandaise, I use my trusty Thermomix and make some. But normally I use something different.



I love Roquefort cheese since I visited some of the cheese cellars near Millau in France.

Why not use some of this cheese to eat with the white gold.



Recipe:

Potato mash

8 white asparagus stalks

50 g of Roquefort cheese, 1 shallot, 1 tsp butter, 100 ml milk, 

Salt, pepper, Piment d'Espelette


 



No comments:

Post a Comment