Sunday 5 June 2022

Entrecôte on a Teppanyaki

I ordered some stuff to work better with my teppanyaki. It took a while to get comfortable with this addition to my new hob. Since it is a Bosch too, my hob reconnises it and the heat is easy to manage.



Now I found a cloche to put over food the heat from above and a couple of spatulas. Two squeezy bottles were in the box too. I used only one to spritz water on the plate. This way you can check the heat and clean off the sticky residue too.



I only ate some veg with the steak. I had a  large radiccio and a bok choy in myveggie drawer. Both are good when placed on a griddle.



200 g entrecôte, oil in a sprayer

1 radiccio, 1 joy choy

Seasoning:

2 tbsp mirin, 1 tbsp sake, 2 tbsp soy sauce, shimichi togarashi, salt, pepper



I brushed the veg and the mest during cooking. Seasoned both before with salt and later with the Japanese mix.

The teppanyaki was heated up first on high all over the plate and I started with  some water splashes to see if the tempetature was right. Then a little oil and the veggies. They needed a couple of minutes to get some char marks on. I brushed them with the soy marinate. When they were nearly ready, I took them off on a separate plate and lowered the temperature in the upper part of the teppanyaki.



The seasoned meat went on the high heat to sear. I brushed it then with the marinate too. The veggies went back on the upper part with more marinate and the dome to steam.

I finished the meat and took it on a warm plate to rest for a couple of minutes. Then a bit of Fleur de Sel on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment